[community] Jutta Treviranus wins 2022 DE & I AI Leader of the Year Award !

David Dyer Lawson david.dyer.lawson at outlook.com
Mon May 16 03:55:00 UTC 2022

[Banner image: Women in AI Awards 2022, North America -- ceremony Friday May 13th]

Dear Inclusive Design Community,

I'm really happy to share some good news about Jutta winning a prize for her work in AI. And, in her address at the award ceremony, she included the wonderful people of the IDRC. (See link to video captured by Simon Treviranus, below. Thank you, Simon!)

All of the other nominees for the AI DE&I award were also extremely accomplished with very distinguished careers and cutting-edge research, so Jutta's win is especially impressive -- and also fitting. The competition clearly was very fierce.

According to Women in AI:

 DE & I (Diversity Equity & Inclusion) AI Leader  of the Year Award

A woman who has the potential to change the world through their contribution to make AI more diverse, equitable and inclusive. A technology leader on AI, who has significant contribution towards making AI better for marginalized, minority and underrepresented groups.

Eligibility Criteria:

  *   Significant contribution towards driving innovation or bringing in change to make AI more diverse, equitable and inclusive in AI policy making, product or systems

  *   Providing innovative solutions or proposals to reduce gaps in your country within the AI ecosystem.

​
[https://res.cdn.office.net/assets/mail/file-icon/png/video_16x16.png]Jutta Treviranus Wins Women in Artificial Intelligence Award North America 2022.mp4<https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhloM7zfl4XJaSz2EwGmUhoRyPk>

Hearty congratulations, Jutta!

David Dyer Lawson, MDes ID

Ph.D. Candidate
Faculty of Health