[community] Fwd: Panel Discussion on relationship between Ontario municipalities and provincial government

John W (personal) pickupwillis at gmail.com
Tue May 10 21:51:39 UTC 2022

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Maria Serrano <mserrano at socialplanningtoronto.org>
Date: Tue, May 10, 2022 at 10:58 AM
Subject: Panel Discussion on relationship between Ontario municipalities
and provincial government
To: SPT BOARD (External Emails) <SPTBOARD-EE at socialplanningtoronto.org>

*J*oin Social Planning Toronto and partners for an upcoming panel
discussion focused on the special relationship between Ontario
municipalities and the provincial government and the importance of this
relationship for building inclusive communities in Ontario. This
conversation will bring attention to the role that the provincial
government plays in building healthy and thriving cities and communities by
addressing housing, homelessness, transit, poverty, migration, mental
health, addictions, and more.

This virtual zoom event is planned for *May 18 (from 12–1:30 PM)* and will
highlight the special relationship Ontario municipalities have with the
province and the importance of this relationship in enabling a just and
equitable recovery, to build the cities we need, and to support community
wellbeing.

Non-profit partners and community activists from across Ontario will share
insights, and recommendations around *how the province could better support
and enable municipalities to build stronger, more equitable, and healthier
communities.* As cities move out of the pandemic, this discussion will
inform the broader conversation around what a just and equitable recovery
and rebuild should look like.

To save your spot for the event please register here.
<https://www.socialplanningtoronto.org/build_more_inclusive_and_just_communities>

*Please help us promote this event!* Please share this invite with your
networks and members.

Thank you! We look forward to seeing you on May 18.

*MARIA SERRANO*

*_________________________________*

Director of Operations

*Social Planning Toronto*

2 Carlton Street, Suite 1720

Toronto, ON  M5B 1J3

416 351 0095 ext. 223

416 300 6068 (cell)

Visit our website <http://www.socialplanningtoronto.org/> | Like us on
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/SocialPlanningToronto/> | Follow us on
Twitter <https://twitter.com/planningtoronto>

--

*John D. Willis | CE CAIP MDes*
Design & Innovation in Public Services

Garbled text? My apologies - speech-to-text technology is still a work in
progress...