[community] Looking for interest in a project on improving accessibility in healthcare for people with vision loss through educator healthcare providers

Foster, Julia Julia.Foster at kingstonhsc.ca
Mon May 9 18:24:56 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

We are a group looking to improve healthcare services and the daily lives of people with vision loss. Our team includes people with vision loss, advocates, healthcare providers, researchers, designers, and educators.  We are looking for individuals and communities who are willing to contribute to this work.

We have several projects we are working on. This email is about a project to create learning materials to teach healthcare providers how to make services more accessible for people who are blind, deafblind and partially sighted. We are especially looking for 1) people who are blind, deafblind, or have low vision who have experience with the healthcare system (this includes supports, such as a family member of someone with vision loss that attends appointments); and 2) healthcare students or healthcare providers with various learning styles.

Please let us know if you are interested in this project. For some additional context, I’ve included additional details below my name.

Thanks,

Julia