[community] Liberated Learners - Design Sprint

Jess Mitchell jmitchell at ocadu.ca
Thu Jun 17 18:25:54 UTC 2021

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZDS29l7GawC9ORqosM2Ak4ynJXR2sarAbAKsIovZKBlBvuw/viewform

Liberated Learners - Design Sprint
Hello/Bonjour!

We would like to formally gauge your interest in participating in the Liberated Learners Design Sprint from Monday, June 21st - Friday, June 25th, 2021. The Liberated Learners project is a collaboration between 7 Ontario Post-Secondary institutions with the goal of developing authentic learning experiences that empower students to build their confidence, improve their digital fluency, and provide them with a supportive online community that they can rely on throughout their educational career.

The intent for the Design Sprint is to have, you, the students, share your ‘Wicked Problems’ (barriers that you have experienced during your post-secondary education that interfered with the success in your program). We are interested in understanding what these Wicked Problems are, how you managed them, or how you would advise someone else to manage them. These Wicked Problems will help us shape the content of the Liberated Learners project: a program that will help to onboard new, returning, or continuing students in post-secondary education.

The Sprint will be organized with asynchronous and synchronous activities. Synchronous sessions will take place every day throughout the week between 12 and 1 p.m. (Eastern), in hopes you will be able to attend sessions on Monday, Friday and at least one of the in-between sessions. All those who participate will be paid a $100 for their time and efforts throughout the week. Given we have limited spaces, we will not necessarily be able to accept all interested individuals. You will receive an email confirming your acceptance as quickly as we can.

For all those that are interested, please complete the form here.

If you have any questions before you submit, feel free to email extend at trentu.ca<mailto:extend at trentu.ca> with your query.