[community] Entities that provides compliance to UD in premises

pina.dintino at gmail.com pina.dintino at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 18:19:14 UTC 2020

There is compliance and then there is adherence and conformance. Be sure you
understand the difference if you go down that road.

While organizations are eager to display accessibility certifications   to
ensure they have done their job on accessibility, there is more value to
perhaps identifying how they are accessible  using specific badges that
cover specific  element or components of accessibility.

For instance, they are an inclusive service provider, their websites conform
to the WCAG or EN 301 standards and have been tested by pwds, their
buildings meet CSA accessibility standards  or  best practices.

Businesses also need to understand that while they receive any badges or
certification, it does not protect them from any complaints or suits.

It is a layer of conformance, advising their customers that they may care,
but it does not protect them.

Pina