[community] Disability Inclusive COVID-`9 Recovery Policy

Ushnish Sengupta ushnish.sengupta at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 16:01:47 UTC 2020

Hi John.
Thanks for the response.
It is really useful to have an advocate such as yourself connected to the
govt.
I would suggest one potential path forward is to connect with the Open Data
folk at ODS, as they have experience with helping ONGov departments work
though administrative data policies.
We can discuss more paths forward offline.

We can additionally leverage international reports to encourage our own
governments.
I was alerted to this report today from the *UK on how people with Learning
Disabilities have died at a higher 134% rate due to Covid*
https://www.cqc.org.uk/news/stories/cqc-publishes-data-deaths-people-learning-disability
https://www.bbc.com/news/disability-52891401
I question what the stats are for Canada, and no the current voluntary
survey is not going to provide a complete and accurate picture of Covid19
impacts.
There is an urgency of now of having disaggregated data related to covid19
impacts on people with disabilities.

Ushnish