[community] Fwd: Ontario Allows the Redeployment of Staff to Better Care for Vulnerable People During COVID-19

Ushnish Sengupta ushnish.sengupta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 15:25:37 UTC 2020

The focus on certain types of disabilites stand out in the most recent
Government of Ontario news release
"Emergency orders support seniors, the deafblind community, and vulnerable
communities ...
These new emergency orders will allow us to get even more boots on the
ground in our long-term care homes, and ensure those with visual or hearing
disabilities continue receiving the support they deserve."

Given the news articles on Covid19 outbreaks in group homes with
individuals with Intellectual and Developmental disaibilites, I would have
thought that a redeployment would be targeted to these facilities.

Am I missing something that is obvious/apparent to others?

The entire government press release is below.

Ushnish