[community] Fwd: Wage Subsidy Portal Launching April 27th & Resource of the Week!

John W (personal) pickupwillis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 19:04:36 UTC 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: CSI Support <support at socialinnovation.ca>
Date: Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 1:47 PM
Subject: [CSI CommunityMemberList] CSI Supports: Wage Subsidy Portal
Launching April 27th & Resource of the Week!
To: CSI Annex Members <annexmembers at socialinnovation.ca>, CSI Regent Park
Members <regentparkmembers at socialinnovation.ca>, CSI Spadina Members <
spadinamembers at socialinnovation.ca>, Community Member List <
communitymemberlist at socialinnovation.ca>

Hey CSI!

We hope that you are well and staying safe. Our teams continue to research,
gather and update our CSI Supports web page
<https://socialinnovation.org/csi-supports/> with available government
programs and resources.

In the past week the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance (FINA)
announced that the CRA plans to open the portal for the Canada Emergency
Wage Subsidy (CEWS) on April 27th. They also mentioned that they hope to
process the applications that don't require additional review by the week
of May 4th, with the direct deposit payments starting later that week.
We’re planning to prepare a walk-through of the CEWS application, similar
to the one we did for CERB
<https://socialinnovation.org/csi-supports-cerb-application-walk-through/>
last week.

Here’s our resource of the week
<https://about.hockeystick.co/active-funders-canada>, which is a list of
Active Funders (VCs, lenders and government programs) in Canada compiled by
Hockeystick Startup Network.

Please reach out to us, off list, if we can help connect you with
government programs and ask any information you and your business or other
support we may be able to help you access.

Best regards,

Sami

-----
*Please note that we’re not providing this information as professional
Federal Government personnel, but we are doing our best to provide
information as we understand it, in an effort to help our members as best
as we could!*

*CSI Supports **Team*
201-192 Spadina Ave, Toronto M5T 2C2
*socialinnovation.org <http://socialinnovation.org/>*

Let's stay in touch!
For more information on our member supports check out our website
<https://socialinnovation.org/csi-supports/>, sign up for our newsletter
<https://socialinnovation.org/newsletters/>, view our resources guide
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p0oyeIZOt1ns_kF0a5w_xaTvFSrMzph5yvU_fAMP39s/edit?ts=5e7b6d55#gid=2034898429>,
and
follow us on Facebook <http://facebook.com/centreforsocialinnovation/>,
Twitter <http://twitter.com/csiTO> and Instagram
<http://instagram.com/csitoronto/>!

--
Do you love the list but find it to be a bit overwhelming? Switch to the
digest version and get just one summary email every day - instructions on