[community] Job Opportunity- User Design Specialist
fh12li at student.ocadu.ca
Thu Nov 23 20:15:17 UTC 2017
*TORONTO COMMUNITY HOUSING CORPORATION* -
User Design Specialist
Estimated Start Date: December 11, 2017
Anticipated Duration: 10 weeks
Duration of Potential Extension: 5 weeks
Description of Assignment
This position reports to the Manager, Software Development & Integration.
As a User Interface Design Specialist, you will own the role of planning,
designing, prototyping, and delivering new industry-leading user
experiences on Toronto Community House website. You’ll team up with
Strategic Communications and Information & Technology Services to interpret
user needs and corporate strategies to create short- and long-term goals to
help our Tenants have the best experiences possible while searching for
information through the Toronto Community Housing Web Application interface.
The successful candidates will be working from our 729 Petrolia Road
but may require occasional travel to our other locations.
• Collaborate with Strategic Communications and Web Developer to
define and implement innovative solutions for the Toronto Community Website
visuals and experience.
• Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user
friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
• Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and
site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
• Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to
peers and executive level stakeholders.
• Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and
• Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to
intuitive user experiences.
• Facilitate Strategic Communications visions by researching,
conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user
experiences for web interfaces.
• Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and
mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
• Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to
core, and new functions and features
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and
iterate your designs
• Document all work to ensure operational support may readily
continue by TCHC staff
• Other duties as assigned
• 3+ years work experience in design and communications with a
recent focus on UI/UX design.
• Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio.
• Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user
flows, process flows and site maps.
• Experience in using UI/UX design best practices in order to
• Excellent visual design skills demonstrating sensitivity to
• Strong grasp of web and mobile user centred design and testing
methodologies, subsystems and *usability and accessibility concerns*.
• Clear understanding of the importance of user-centred design.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Good team collaboration skills.
• Open and flexible; able to shift priorities quickly.
• Open to feedback and constructive performance criticism.
• Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
• Up-to-date knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques, and
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other
visual design and wire-framing tools; expertise in UX software such as
InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer, and the like is a
• BA or BSc in Communications, Human-Computer Interaction,
• Wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
• User feedback evaluation.
• UI prototypes.
If you're interested please send your resume to* Jyoty Chana* at
jchana at bevertec.com .
Thanks and best regards,
*Feriyal Hallajarani | *Web Accessibility Consultant | IBM
Email: feriyal.hallaj at gmail.com
More information about the community