[community] Fwd: Accessibility Designer Opportunity - Toronto
anne.depthofme at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 15:23:43 UTC 2017
A friend of mine is recruiting for this role and I wondered if anyone was interested. Please mention my name so she knows where it came from. Thanks Anne Jackson
Role: Accessibility Designer
Location: Downtown Toronto
Duration: 1 year
Our client is searching for an Accessibility Designer to join their mobile development team in downtown Toronto. The ideal candidate is passionate about making accessible work environments.
• 3+ years working within an accessibility role
• 1+ years’ experience working with mobile application/environment
• Prior knowledge of web accessibility standards and best practices including Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
• Working knowledge of assistive technology (screen readers, screen magnification, etc.) and how it can be used by people of different abilities to render the online experience accessible
• Experience using a screen reader, such as JAWS, NVDA, Voiceover + others as they relate to iOS/Android for testing purposes
• Knowledge of responsive design and native mobile design is a plus!
• Working with the Android/iOS team, you will be participating in sprints and sitting in team providing consultation on accessible environments
• Working alongside design team to review wireframes and sketches to recommend
• Creating accessibility guidelines and documents for ongoing and future needs
• As accessibility lead, ensure all public-facing products adhere to best-in-class accessibility standards and best practices, staying at the forefront of the evolution in these standards and best practices, and developing/championing a set of digital accessibility standards for all public-mobile-facing properties. These guidelines will be used to guide the development of future properties, either internally or with an external partner.
• Place emphasis on digital user experience, user paths/flows, usability best practices and accessibility.
Associate Account Manager
THE SELECT GROUP
Direct: 289.315.0664 | Cell: 905.699.2129
EChangizi at selectgroup.com <mailto:EChangizi at selectgroup.com>
185 The West Mall, Suite 1010 | Toronto, ON M9C 5L6, Canada
More information about the community