[community] Cognitive access / simplified documents

Ambrose Cheuk-Wing Li al12si at student.ocadu.ca
Wed Aug 10 20:18:45 UTC 2016

Personally I find the “Easy English” format very distracting and
extremely difficult to read. The format also violates several graphic
design principles and I am surprised they expect this to be easy to
understand. Instead of reducing cognitive load I would have expected
this to *increase* cognitive load (having to constantly ignore various
forms of active emphasis, for example, or constantly flipping backward
to find the beginning of the sentence).

I'm also curious what the relationship this has with Plain English.

--
Ambrose Li
http://port.ambroseli.ca